2023 Annual CSVA Picnic
When is the Picnic?
The picnic will be on Saturday, August 26th, 2023.
The range will be open from 10 am to noon. Lunch served at noon. Simulators open after lunch.
Where is the Picnic?
It is being held at the Highlands Ranch Law Enforcement Training Facility which is located east of Highlands Ranch at 6001 Ron King Trail, Littleton CO. We will be gathering at the Eagle Park area for lunch (see above map).
Who is Invited?
All Douglas County volunteers in Law Enforcement, their +1s, and kids. If you have a friend or neighbor interested in becoming a Douglas County CSV, Victims Advocate, or Lone Tree VIP, please pass along this invite. We always can use more volunteers!
What is Happening at the Picnic?
The day begins with an optional handgun shoot on Law Enforcement Range #8. Douglas County Law Enforcement Instructors will be on hand as well as a civilian firearms instructor. The fun begins at 10:00 am and winds up by noon. See below for important information if you will be attending. RSVP for this event separately using the link at the bottom of this page.
Next, is a catered BBQ lunch. This BBQ is good stuff!
Finally, after lunch, you will get to test your skills on the high-tech firearm simulators here at the training facility. You pick your scenario: Zombies? Wild West? Urban Situation Awareness?, or just plain old target shooting. It is all in good fun using laser simulators and giant video screens. This event will be held in Building “G” (see the above map)
Shooting Range Rules
Every range has its own unique rules. Here are the rules for the Law Enforcement Range we will be using:
- When you drive through the gates, your firearm must be cased or holstered and unloaded. That means mags out and chamber empty. Loaded firearms are not allowed at the HRLETF unless you are at a shooting position on a range.
- Shooters at the range must be 15+ years old.
- AT ALL TIMES, your uncased handgun must be pointed downrange. Do not uncase your firearm until you are on the range. When uncasing, make sure the muzzle is pointed down range in the case.
- When persons are downrange, your firearm must be unloaded with the action open so the Range Safety Officers and see at a glance the firearm is unloaded. For semi-automatic handguns, that means slide locked back and ejection port up sitting on the bench. For revolvers, this means the cylinder is empty and the cylinder is open from the frame.
- DO NOT touch a firearm if persons are downrange – and only go downrange when an LE Instructor/Range Safety Officer has told you it is OK to do so.
- ONLY shoot at designated targets. Squirrels, varmints, etc. are not allowed targets.
- Bring your own firearms, ammo, and eyes and ears (protection). For this event, only handguns are allowed. Only factory-loaded ammunition is allowed. This means no reloaded ammunition is allowed on the range.
- Have FUN and listen to the range commands as they are spoken.
What can I bring?
Feel free to bring your own food and/or non-alcoholic beverages. If you have a favorite yard game like corn hole or badminton, please bring that along. There’s plenty of room around the lunch pavilion.
How do I RSVP?
Please click here and then click on the red “Get tickets” button to RSVP so we have enough of everything for everybody. RSVPs are requested ASAP but are due by Sunday, August 20th. The capacity is limited to 100 for the picnic and simulator and 18 for the range.
If you wish to participate in the live-fire LE shooting range event from 10 to noon, please RSVP by signing up for that ‘ticket’ separately.
If you would like to join or renew your CSVA membership, please print out this form online, print, and bring to the picnic. This will help fund the upcoming and different Holiday party (details coming).
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
Hope to see you there!